Werner Paddles fully supports the Outdoor Industry Association of Fair Labor Code of Conduct in an effort to promote socially acceptable production conditions and environmental responsibility both internally and within our supply chain. We seek to ensure safe working conditions and foster a culture in which our employees are treated with respect and dignity. Our responsibility extends beyond our factory walls to those with whom we choose to partner with in our supply chain. This includes U.S. and International Vendors, Suppliers, and Dealers.
In accordance with the International Labour Organization conventions, the United Nations’ Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and the UN’s conventions on children’s rights and the elimination of all forms of discrimination against women, Werner Paddles aims to comply with the following social and environmental standards:
- Compliance with laws and workplace regulations in the location where business is conducted.
- Voluntary Employment: Forced labor, including prison labor, indentured labor, bonded labor, human trafficking, slavery, or other forms of forced labor will not be used. Persons under the age of 18 will not be employed.
- No employee will be subject to physical, sexual, psychological or verbal abuse.
- Employees will be considered for positions based solely on their qualifications. Discrimination or harassment on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, citizenship, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other legally protected characteristic will not be tolerated.
- Employees are free to raise job related grievances to Human Resources or any member of Management without penalty or reprisal.
- A safe and healthy work environment as well as wages and benefits will be provided in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Working hours will not exceed 60 hours per week (except under exceptional unforeseen circumstances). Overtime work will be compensated according to the law. Employees are entitled to one day off for every seven-day work period.
- Compliance with all applicable environmental laws and regulations, and will observe environmentally conscious practices.
Werner Paddles monitors internal compliance with these standards. All potential 3rd Party Partners will be evaluated via questionnaire for compliance to the above standards. Current partners are subject to consensual in-person audits conducted by a Werner Paddles representative.